Sunday, June 23, 2013

Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls












Better late than never!
This recipe was made for my hubby on Fathers Day.  I think the best way to "give" to someone is by taking the time and make something for them.  My gift is food.  And this gift ended up being gooey delicious blueberry cinnamon rolls!  
When remaking a dish to be allergy free, the real challenge is to make a dish that mimics an original.  One that no one could guess doesn't include eggs, milk, wheat, butter etc.  Luckily my work paid off and this recipe turned out as good as it looks!  In my pre-allergy free cooking days, I made quite a few cinnamon rolls.  I still remember how good they were and didn't realize how much I missed having this treat.  However, I never thought to add blueberries as I always stuck to the basic cinnamon and brown sugar version, I think the options are endless.......
This recipe is quite basic and probably are ingredients you have on hand.  Of course, when dealing with a yeast bread, it can be a bit more time consuming waiting for the perfect rise.  But well worth it in the end.  If you don't gobble these up right out of the oven, the rolls stored nicely in a cool dry spot.  


gluten free/vegan/nut free/soy free



Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls:

The basic recipe for these cinnamon rolls comes from my original Cinnamon Roll Bread recipe here.  The only extra ingredient you will need is:

1 1/4 Cups  Blueberries (if blueberries are frozen toss with 1 TB of starch: corn, potato or tapioca)

You will follow the recipe as described, once you get to the instruction of spreading the rolled out dough with butter and sprinkling with the sugar and cinnamon, you then add your blueberries.
Once the blueberries are spread evenly out on the dough, take your scraper and slowly roll over the dough to make the "roll" from one end to the other.  Cut with a sharp knife (I ended up with 9 evenly cut rolls) and place in a parchment lined 8X8 baking pan.  Now you can follow the rest of the instructions from the original recipe for the second oven rise, baking and frosting of the rolls.


Getting ready to roll.......

Some of my blueberries fell out in the "rolling" process, but I just
 ended up adding them to the tops of each roll. 

Before rise...........

Place into a warm oven and let rise for 30 minutes.

After rise.........
Now bake and then frost!


In a sea of glaze.................

Enjoy!





Also shared at:Make Your Own! Monday,Slightly Indulgent Tuesday,Tasteful Tuesday Party,Fat Tuesday,Allergy Free Wednesday,Gluten Free Wednesdays,Well Fed Wednesday,Gluten Free Fridays







1 comment:

  1. This is a fun combo! I haven't had a blueberry cinnamon roll! But I will now!I love this idea! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    Hope you enjoyed the last two week's of giveaways!

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete